Mar 30, 2008

20 Weeks--We're Waiting Patiently!

Half~way There!
BY week 20, your baby-to-be is gearing up for the next phase in his development—filling out. His organs are getting into their proper places. His kidneys are now in position with their familiar bean shape. His testes have reached their position. His brain continues to form and grow. His teeth are beginning to appear, and he can swallow. If you haven't been able to feel him move, chances are you'll be feeling him move more and more over the coming weeks. (I haven't felt any butterfly tickles yet but am waiting; I may have missed what indeed could've been our son moving about but haven't realized it...this is all so new!)

A Momma's Update:
1) Still feeling awesome!
2) Challenging to find clothes that work
3) Still on a quest for the perfect "modern" bedding--feel like it will set the tone for the nursery
4) Still haven't started dewallpapering/spackling/sanding/priming/painting the nursery walls. I blame this on Shawn's busy work schedule (bless his heart). Anyone wanna help?

2 comments:

Amy said...

You look great! But I remember well the struggle to find clothes that work. And as soon as you find some... you'll be so big they won't fit! It's fun though. :)

TheHappyNeills said...

I knew I was feeling real movement, and not bubbles and such, when it was very repetitive and very rhythmical in the exact same spot. With both of them. And, I was super still, lounging a bit, watching my tummy, which moved ever so slightly with the little "butterfly" feeling. So I knew it had to be a teensy foot kicking! I felt Fallyn at 15 weeks I think!!! That was pretty cool.

Should be soon! It's probably already happened, it's just so hard to tell what's what.