Feb 24, 2008

15 Weeks!

YOUR growing baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces (about the size of an apple). She's busy moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. Her legs are growing longer than her arms now, and she can move all of her joints and limbs. Although her eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, she's likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for your baby to taste at this point, but she is forming taste buds. Finally, if you have an ultrasound this week, you may be able to find out whether your baby's a boy or a girl! (sorry, everyone, we're not finding out the sex)

Still feeling great!

4 comments:

mommyjoymarie said...

What a little baby bump! :) You look great - glad you are still feeling great too!

Amy said...

I loved getting these weekly updates! So fun... and amazing to keep track of what's going on in there. You look great and I'm glad you're feeling good too!

Paula said...

How sweet are you! That baby bump is great! I love your hair, by the way!

Ashli said...

....10 million strong and growing.
:)

Wish I could jump through the photo and give you and your little "apple sized peanut" a giant hug!

You look absolutely radiant. I was looking at baby stuff at Target the other day and Drake was like...what u doin??
Of course, I replied,"I'm soon to be a "pseudo-auntie", I'm allowed!
Can't wait to welcome peanut.

Lo-lo-love ya!
ps. did you see that I did as requested...
there is now a cholo profile, lucky little bugger :)

oh and i just got the shiny new puter hooked up to the printer/scanner and camera thingie...
so new photos should be forthcoming soon, although probably not til after the co trip.

ha, this turned into a mini-novel, prolly cuz I miss ya ladybug..you's too far away!!!
eat an extra choco chip cookie for me mwah!