Sep 28, 2009

Kick-punching Cancer's Butt...part deux

Here's a photo journal of the Race for the Cure (all stats/info came from that site).
The greatest risk factors for breast cancer are being female and growing older.

Breast cancer knows no boundary, be it age, gender, socioeconomic status or geographic location.

One in eight women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime. That’s one in eight within your company, school and organization!
The key to survival is early detection.
Three simple steps for early detection are regular mammograms, clinical exams and breast self-exams. And, remember, breast cancer affects more than just the patient; friends and family need support too.


I am grateful to my late Grandpa Ray, and my precious Grandma Diane, for giving me the courage to join the Komen Race. In your triumphant rise above breast cancer, you have proven the stamina of the human spirit.

My fan club:
Bootcamp Babes post-race (E actually ran with her jogger stroller!--I love these girls.):

I'm already thinking about next year's race and how much money we can raise! Thank you to everyone who donated; our team raised almost $600. Wow!

3 comments:

Weza said...

I had a breast lump scare early this year. Boy it knocked me for a six. Turned out ok. I hate to think what it must be like for the women and their families who it turns out bad for. This cause is so important. As are regular self examinations.
Thanks for playing your part. :)

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Fabulous Mindy!

thebiggsfamily said...

Great pictures!!! We appreciate what you did to help support a wonderful cause.