Jul 28, 2008

37 Weeks!


Congratulations — your baby is full term! This means that if your baby arrives now, his lungs should be fully mature and ready to adjust to life outside the womb, even though your due date is still three weeks away.

Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz.

Developments:
~Car seat purchased and installed
~Had a wonderful baby shower (pics to follow)
~Nursery completely finished (I know you're waiting for pics--will post later)
~Having a tough time sleeping (general insomnia, restroom breaks, odd dreams, backache, heartburn)
~Just a waiting game now!

Our groovy orange Chicco carseat!

5 comments:

Paula said...

I'm checking your blog on a regualer basis! So that I know when this happens!!!

Have you had a dream that you left peanut in a grocery cart yet? That may come after he arrives!

Ashli said...

Ah! Such a cute little rider seat for the little man.
I thought about you all weekend; hope you had a lovely time with your girls...

Jenna said...

I love the carseat. It will be even cuter when your little guy arrives.

Julie said...

I can't believe you're full term!!! How exciting. LOVE the car seat. I cannot WAIT to see nursery pictures. I checked this morning to see if they were up--guess I need to be more patient. I'm just excited for you!! :-)

Ashli said...

My goodness...the final countdown!! Seventeen days, I have hesitated to call lately b/c I know you must be frantically busy. But I would love to chat for a few min. Love love love