Nov 5, 2008

Euphoria

 "So, are you enjoying being a stay at home mom?" 

"Oh my gosh, yes! We are having a blast. It is a dream come true!"

"And how's Wilder?"

"He's wonderful. Perfect. He's my wonder; I'd do anything for him."

To say I'm in a euphoric state over my new full time job would be an understatement. My and Shawn's intentions were for me to return to work after Wild's birth. What they say about the sacrifices one makes for his offspring is true--parents really will do anything under the sun for their babies. Although our pennies will be pinched to the point of developing finger blisters, those sacrifices will be worth it.

I respect moms who work outside the home, stay home, or choose a combination of both. The beauty of our country is that we're graced with many freedoms--freedoms that allow us to love and serve our families in conjunction with our convictions. 

I'm overwhelmed by the support and encouragement I've received in my choice to stay home. It's comforting to know that my friends would have been there for me just the same had I chosen not to take a break from my career. Though I've opted for the somewhat unglamorous (insert ratty t-shirt wreaking of spit-up, here), role of full-time mum, I remain grateful for the opportunity to be present at Wilder's milestones. While I won't be receiving a pay raise, I've just been given the world's biggest promotion. And the benefits?

Priceless.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

As a mom who works full-time, I'm ecstatic that you have that option and that you are loving it. That's what true feminism is - the choice to do whatever works best for you. Wilder is a lucky boy!

Kyle said...

That made me so happy to read! I am so glad you are able to do what you really want to do. I'm so looking forward to being in your shoes :)