May 12, 2009

Mum's Day

Mum's Day was so good I could have eaten it. Then I figured that while my memory hasn't always served me the keenest, the Day deserved to be cradled there, if even in faintest form, than to not reside there at all.

And I ate chocolate instead.

That was a fun one to whip up.

So were these:

My life's significance has multiplied since becoming a mother, and I wasn't sure how I would feel about it on the actual "here is when we honor you" day. It can be summed up in a word: pride.

Pride over the beautiful son who belongs, has always belonged, in our journey. Pride at the friends and family who've loved and patienced me into the mom I am now.


Ok maybe one more word: gratitude.


For these people:

I'm lucky you are my Mommy (on the left, for my new readers) and Mother-in-Law. I want each day to be a song for you. All of the love and energies that you put into your babies to come back to you. You'll say it has.

I'm grateful we could fit 15? (I lost count) people in our home for celebrating Mum's Day, my Birthday, Shawn's belated Birthday, and Wilder's dedication. I'm grateful Auntie Erin made a surprise visit for Wilder's special day, and Auntie Andrea helped get him ready for church. I'm thankful Grandpa Mustache insisted on holding Wilder for a really long time--because he wanted to.

I'm thankful we vowed to raise Wilder to love God and to love people.

Perhaps now you see why I really wanted to eat Mum's Day.

4 comments:

Jenna said...

What a special weekend for you all!! I am so glad your family could be near and support you at dedication as well as spoil you for your first mothers day and birthday! You look FANTASTIC in these photos! Wilder isnt too bad either....:)
Our friends Pete and Angela K. also dedicated their baby Deacon on Sunday. Do you know them? How many babies were dedicated?? Wonderful weekend for a wonderful family. You are blessed to be sure.
And LOVE the cake!!

Gma Kathy said...

It was a wonderful day and you have made it even more fun by posting these precious pictures to help us all remember. Thanks for being so creative, thanks for the glorious flower pot made specially for each MOM, and thanks for being such an AWESOME mommy to Wilder, my special, first grandchild!

Amy said...

Looks like a wonderful day. We dedicated Cooper on my first Mother's Day last year... so special!!

Kate said...

this brought tears to my eyes! You said it so perfectly! :)