Jan 1, 2009

Hellow, owlfriend!

THERE'S this awesome flea market in Chanute that sells stuff for super cheap. I found a cookie jar for $2. It doesn't make sense for a baker not to have a cookie jar, now does it? For those of you who are wondering what kind of use I'll have for a cookie jar given my recent list of "good things to do in 2009", I say, well, good observation but I don't know how to help you. I'm apt to have a hankering to bake from time to time. So there.

I want you to see how adorable my owl friend is. He will be the cherished vessel for all things delightfully sweet. And sweetly delightful.

His name is Harvey and he's nestled himself quite comfortably in our kitchen...I tested him out today by whipping up a batch of no-bakes. He did well--the cookies have never tasted more fresh (mind you, they were only in the jar for a couple of hours before I sampled some, but, oh well).

All in all, this is the beginning of a very beautiful relationship.



Editor's note: neither Harvey's services nor his contents are ready to be shared with friends at this time. You will be notified when this changes.

1 comment:

Ian Johnson said...

Did you fill it with sloppy joe?