Jan 27, 2009

Worming my way thru books


Hurrah! I'm reading again.

I was on a short hiatus until I joined a local mom's group (glory to God I have stay-at-home mommy friends now!) and learned that in addition to all of their other activities, they meet to discuss books once a month. Our current read is The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. Boy, am I excited about this one! Chik lit it is not. And I'm proud of myself for branching out and trying something new. That's the beauty of being a part of a group that picks books outside our comfort zones...so far, it's been an absorbing read--hard to get away from it. I'm pulled to it like a magnet to my fridge. Anyone going to Utah and want to get me a state magnet? Just kidding--I don't have any state magnets--yet. Lastly, I'm enjoying being a little more invested in the story/intellectually challenged.

Prior to Time Traveler's, I read Anybody Out There? by Marian Keyes. Not my favorite read, mainly because it was about grieving. Unusual in that I typically enjoy her stories...anyway, it was realistic and at times, humorous.

And prior to that, during my Nicholas Sparks phase, I read Nights in Rodanthe. Perhaps it was because this was the 5th Sparks book I'd read and I was getting a little bored, or maybe it just wasn't deep enough, but I didn't like it! I probably won't go see the movie, either.

What do you recommend I read next? Cooking 101?

p.s.--please keep praying for Cora!

No comments: