Jan 30, 2009

Oh my gosh...these are guuuuuddd...

A good ole entree here for ya, folks. In the past I've posted a variety of dessert recipes; that's where my confidence lies. Consulting Taste of Home's Simple and Delicious, I at last found Triumph in an entree. And I like the feeling.

Try 'em. They're easy (finally!) and really yum-O!


Chili Chicken Sandwiches

1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
2 cups cubed cooked chicken
1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 can (4 oz) chopped green chilies
3 Tbsp chopped green onions
1 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp chili powder
4 hard rolls
2 Tbsp minced fresh cilantro

~In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Stir in the chicken, cheddar cheese, chilies, onions, and seasonings. Cut top fourths off of rolls; carefully hollow out bottoms, leaving 1/4-in shells (discard removed bread or save for another use). Fill bottom portions with chicken mixture; replace the tops.
~Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with cilantro. Yield: 4 servings
~Extra toppings: sliced avocados, tomatoes

Let me know if you try it and like it! Up the ante on the seasonings if you like really spicy. Recipe is mild as is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey mindy--those look yummy. Bet it would be delicious if you used some bread dough (like the Texas rolls) and thawed them, filled with this, and then baked the filled rolls--kind of like bierocks. I'm a sucker for fresh-baked bread! I don't have a google id, but it's me, Amanda. : )