May 25, 2010

Sweet child of mine!

Dear perfect Baby,

I haven't met you yet. In fact, I don't even know if you are a boy or a girl. But I know that you are mine and that I love you. That love is, and will surmount to, something magnificent that neither of us have ever breathed. And we won't want to live without it.

As these contractions have been testing our gumption the past three weeks, I want to thank you for hanging in there, for being strong, for kicking at just the time when I'm worrying about you. We got this, Hon.

Soon, we'll get to cuddle and kiss, smell each others' breaths, and, once again, the jumble of things that don't make sense in my life will magnetize into perfection. Even though I'm not supposed to have you to need you, I already need you a little bit. And ache for you.

It is good to be needed.

But I will stand my ground knowing one day you won't need me anymore. That doesn't mean I won't relish the moments of your needing me...those moments that seem unending when you are so small...down to the moments that dissipate as you grow up.


In a great and marvelous (and slightly uncomfortable!) way, it is sheer joy to help sustain your life. And even though I want to meet you this very second, I understand if you need time.

Kisses from the outside,

Mommy

4 comments:

Weza said...

xxx May this sweet baby come soon. xxx

Cynthia said...

We're waiting Eenie Meenie! :)

Suze said...

I love this letter so much! I hope that everything goes well with EM's delivery! I can't wait to "meet" the new baby! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

SO SWEET!
We will be anxiously awaiting the NEWS!
LiZ L.