Mar 25, 2010

Cold tushy cheeks

Instincts: fascinating thing, really. Had a gumption to go into Wilder's room earlier than normal this morning. He was sound asleep on his belly, in the corner, tushy high in the air. BUT, no diaper. Just porcelain white, cool-to-the-touch hiney cheeks. Poor kid! He typically wears footed pjs but was in a two piece number. The diaper (barely wet), and britches were crumpled in a heap. When I picked him up he smelled like a nursing home so off to the bath we went.

And down to the basement went all his bedding.

Fortunately, my friend T was over for a playdate later in the morning and she made the second trip down to retrieve the laundry. Hoping we can call it even since I served breakfast:
I've got baby on the brain, pretty much constantly, and that translates to repeatedly perusing Wilder's baby pictures. Here we are almost exactly a year ago to the day:
The days are fleeting.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Oh sister, I cannot wait to meet this new baby...My mind whirls trying to picture what he/she will look like, especially since Wilder threw us all for a loop! :)I feel like Wilder is still that baby in the picture; I guess I am in denial that he is a growing little boy. :(
Funny story and yummy breakfast btw!!! :)

P.s. Is there any food that I should refrain from cooking while you are here??? (i.e. chicken, roast, etc.) Don't want you spending your vacay naseous...

Julie said...

Aww . . . I remember the robot shirts. I thought it was so cool that Wilder and Ori both had them. :) Precious picture! Time is going fast, huh? Miss you!

Heather @ Life Made Lovely said...

you crack me up! my son's crafty like that, too. he'll just move himself away from the pee so he can keep on sleeping. i wonder if it's a guy thing?? love your blog!