Apr 11, 2009

Browned Coconut: better tasting than I had anticipated!

Don't you love a holiday as a superb excuse to BAKE?

I do!

Aren't these cute?



Oh, and isn't he cute?


Cupcake how-to:
Pick your favorite cake and frosting recipes and bake/frost per the recipe. Brown about 1 1/2 cups of shredded coconut on 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. I piled too much coconut on the tray so mine took longer--then it got a little too brown. But after a taste test I decided that was ok. Perfection is boring anyhow. Place three egg candies (I used Whoppers and Reeses Pieces) atop the cupcake, then sprinkle with coconut to form a nest!

Baby how-to:
Ummm...well...
Just get your own!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Adorable! Cupcakes and baby! :)

...I love coconut too!

Anonymous said...

I appreciate the detailed Baby-How-To. HA. So helpful!

Shawn